Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Q and A

I've had a lot of questions roll in to the blog so I'll take the time to answer them.

TUESDAY, JUNE 9, 2009 2:43:00 PM CDT Question #1:
CHRIS SAID...
Bob, from everything I'm reading, there is no way you should be unemployed. Your former bosses love you and CIO's rave about your work. Am I missing something here?

BOB: They'd still have to pay me. Most companies right now aren't adding employees as revenue isn't there to pay them. Even at low rates. I offered to take a reduction in pay and skip my bonus when I got RIF'd in February, but HR said I could not because there is a standard pay structure. Three time CIO of the Year (CIO Magazine, Fortune) Michael is one of my referances. Mike, Patrick, Yvonne, Christy and others are my references. They are trying to hook me up to a company but until organizations start hiring management I am looking at two months more of being out of work in a best case scenario.

The general impression of the market is if you aren't a "spot on match" for a position companies are putting your resume to the side and looking for a better match because "one is in the market".

Lastly, CIOs who are currently working also have their own connections. Introducing me doesn't mean I get to skate right into a Director or Project Manager gig.

TUESDAY, JUNE 9, 2009 2:48:00 PM CDT
Chris said...
Hey Bob, do you have a dedicated website for your coaching business?

BOB: It is under construction. I was hoping to have it done on Memorial Day but I ran into a coding problem that needed another set of eyes. I hope to have it done this week.

TUESDAY, JUNE 9, 2009 2:53:00 PM CDT
Chris said...
Bob, are you still marshalling this weekend? If so, let me know so I can say hi if I'm out on the course!

BOB: I will be. I'm not sure where I'll be on the course but you can always say hello pre/post-race when we are answering questions and checking bar ends. As a Cat 3 USAT marshal I actually get paid a little, so this money will go to groceries and mortgage.

TUESDAY, JUNE 9, 2009 2:54:00 PM CDT
Anonymous said...
Bob any thoughts on going back to Kona to race the world championships again?

BOB: I would love to race in Kona again. Let's be honest, right now, I need to get a job. If I was given a slot to race in 2009 I could not afford to race. Furthermore, my training has been terrible for the last two years with injury and major illness. My plan is to get healthy then train like I should. I will try to qualify in 2012 at Ironman Canada or another race TBD. Yes, I think it will take me that long to get into form. I did not do the lottery in 2009. I probably won't in 2010 or 2011.

I will be in Kona as a marshal. That is confirmed for 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment