Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Normal American Life

"What if I told you insane was working fifty hours a week in some office for fifty years at the end of which they tell you to piss off; ending up in some retirement village hoping to die before suffering the indignity of trying to make it to the toilet on time? Wouldn't you consider that to be insane?"  - "Garland Greene" from the movie Con Air

What is normal anymore?  

Is normal getting pagent officials to pay for breast implants before the Miss USA contest?  
-- Donald Trump would like you to think so. Hey, Donnie! I like chicks with long, fit legs and high IQs! (See Lorrie for an example.)

Is normal loyalty to your job, not playing politics, and making a difference?
-- I would like to talk you out of Neverland.

Is normal living in a box, driving in a box, working in a cube, driving back to your box and then sitting in your box watching a box 
before sleeping on a square and doing it again?
-- God, I hope not.

I'm getting back to the amount of working out that I was doing from 1998 to 2003. I was never so happy. I'm not saying that
"working out" is the only thing I could do. But my point is when work was over - I did something. You could take pictures.
Take a class. Go fishing. Anything but watch TV or play on Facebook (which is seriously getting old).
I would have pulled out of Facebook if I didn't connect with so many old friends. I lived HS once. I have no desire to start again.

Normal - it's what you make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment