Friday, March 13, 2009

Out of St. Anthony's

I'm officially out.  

Without work, there is no money for travel for races.  It started today by removing myself from the starting line of April's St. Anthony's Triathlon.  This race had significance for me on several levels, but that will have to wait until 2010.

The reality of life is that I was layed off on February 13th and my severance package wasn't enough for me to travel the country and race this year.  Reality is setting in that any job may be better than no job at all.  That sounds depressing but it really isn't.  

I have great skills and a very wide range of skills and experiences.  It is just a matter of time before someone will see that I am good talent and think to pick me up.  

Another positive is that our house is becoming spotless and my fitness is coming together nicely.  


1 comment:

  1. That is too bad. Racing and travel is the fun part. My small employer just gave out some pink slips today. I am safe for now, but it is a pretty scary deal. I am too scared to commit to any travel this year. Keep training hard.

    ReplyDelete