Quotes overheard during the day...
Bill Elwell - Bucket full of Crabs:
"Our friends are like a bucket full of crabs clawing to get out. Hey, that sounds like an album and band name." I break into, "Pick up the new CD by Bucket Full of Crabs - Clawing to Get Out - released Thursday."
"You need a thick skin to be a friend in this group of guys. You'll get called on basically everything."
Brad Ulman - Newton's 11th Law of Cookies:
Lorrie, Bob and Bill discussing the value of Fig Newtons and Bill's inability to eat only a few and put the rest away. "They get dried out." Brad chimes in with, "That's Newton's 11th law...you have to eat them by the sleeve."
John Wolski and Bob (your's truly) - Guys we Swam Against:
"Matt Biondi had size 47 feet."
"Tom Jager had size 49 feet."
Preliminary money totals later this week. By the numbers:
1) 5,800 riders participated
2) Several Olympians who were in the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics
3) 29 locations in the USA and Canada
4) Raised $19,887 - BEFORE WE STARTED the event. (We are still counting to get to the final total and you can still donate.) http://www.active.com/donate/SpinForALS
5) During this event ~425 people died of ALS worldwide.