Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Economy Strikes - I Just Got Layed Off

Well...as part of a company that was recently acquired by a larger company, financials are everything. Although we are making money...we apparently aren't making "enough" money and a lot of positions have been eliminated - including mine.

If figures.

I have a great team. I like the people I work with. I like what I do. I'm in a good area. Money is fine. That means that my job should (along with several others) need to be eliminated.

So here is what I am looking for... (ideal world)

a) Sr. Manager, Director or project manager job
b) Industry? 1) health care 2) well...any
c) Location? 1) Anywhere USA 2) North America (Canada, Mexico) 3) Europe

I have five years of big time consulting experience. I've worked in health care, transportation, chemicals, financial services, insurance, technology, medical technology.

I speak four languages. Two well (English and Spanish) - the other two are Italian and French. I have conducted business meetings in all four languages.

I have worked on four continents.

I have managed teams as large as 105 (my current team is 21).

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed that you find something else soon!

    ReplyDelete