Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cycle for ALS: Second Call

Second call!

Plan ahead NOW! This is about eight weeks notice. My first notice came out with 16 weeks notice.

You notice the change to Cycle for ALS...that is because if we use the word "spin" we could get accused of "damaging a brand". How raising money for a terrible disease damages some one's brand is beyond me. But if you can't make money on it, I guess shutting down someone a good deed somehow makes you seem better. This same group also claims to be the "first indoor charity spinning event" - which they aren't.

Let's focus on the positive shall we?

We've united several charities and ALS patients with folks who can help them. We've had two engagements of folks who have met at the spin a thon...er, cycle a thon. Additionally, in cold weather states, we've reunited training partners and friends in the dead of winter. In warm weather states, the "Saturday ride" becomes a bit more than just another 80 miles.

Hit the web site.

Sign up to be there.

Donate.

Be more than just a "triathlete" or weekend warrior.

5 comments:

  1. Bob,

    How about adding Blazeman Foundation for ALS to support these folks?

    Blazemanmom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't figure out how to reserve a time for the spin a thon. Can it be done online?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary Ann -

    I need to talk to John W. but I believe we are the Cycle for ALS and somehow in the title is Blazeman Foundation. I will double check.

    As you know, Jon got me involved and then John and I got this thing started. I will update you.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary Ann -

    I need to talk to John W. but I believe we are the Cycle for ALS and somehow in the title is Blazeman Foundation. I will double check.

    As you know, Jon got me involved and then John and I got this thing started. I will update you.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Eric -

    We haven't put up the sign up yet. We are working on it.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete