Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Joy of Coaching Ironman


Yesterday, I got one of the best parts of coaching - a thank you. (She is gonna kill me for posting this picture.)

My client Megan Eiden did her first Ironman distance race in Florida and was 3rd in her age group and 20th overall. To put a cherry on top of a great experience...she got engaged at the finish! A finisher medal and a diamond ring. That wasn't in the brochure!

Megan had an amazing day - almost over hydrated (in a good way).

Her goals:
1) She finished
2) She finished with a smile (and perhaps a tear)
3) She beat her goal times. (I NEVER establish or encourage goal times but when asked we do.)
4) She podium'ed
5) She was a top 20 overall female.

She gave me a lot of credit but I am just the guide. She did all the work; even when she was training more than her future husband for the same race.

I am just a really proud coach.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, isn't this the BEST ever! Congrats to Megan on her IM race and her engagement! :) Jen H.

    ReplyDelete