Monday, October 20, 2008

Basic Training

I'm going to include some updates in my workouts on this blog. Hope they make some sense and keep me on the program.

For those of you headed to Clearwater and/or returning from Kona...sorry, I've been "off" for about 6 weeks. Training as I have felt up to it. I am always very tired and can sleep at any time. So much so that my wife wants me to get a test to see if I have any issues. (I dunno...low adrenal gland? Chronic fatigue?) Whatever! I think that is all mental. How else can I be dog tired and still wake up this morning 15 minutes before I am supposed to in order to go swim with Jim? Saturday is a better example - I was so tired that I got up. Turned off the alarm after a minute of it blaring; and promptly returned to bed to sleep for a few more hours.

This morning I got up at 4:45 to swim with Jim Uemura. Jim is headed to Clearwater. He is a great cyclist and a great guy. I was trying to help him swim a bit better and his role was to help get me to the pool. I was holding about an 8 yard lead on Jim for the 150s and 200s we did but Jim is swimming well. I'm not sure where I am in the water. Felt OK but I need a test set. Perhaps tomorrow.

300 WU
10 x 150 :15sr 100 fast, 50 easy
100 easy
3 x 200 :20 sr cruise pace -5/100 (I just swam until I was mildly uncomfortable.)
150 easy

2,650

Not great...but alright. Give me four weeks to get to good. (Good defined as holding 100s at 1:15 or better on a 1:30 send off without turning red or going north of 170 heart rate. *I normally swim around 180.)

I know I have more training tonight...2nd report later.

Met some cool folks at the pool. Very nice and polite.

No comments:

Post a Comment