Thursday, June 5, 2008

What's on Your iPod? What's in your iPod Moment?

Recently, I've been writing a lot at my day job.  Writing for me is best when I can get into a rhythm block out the world and focus.  In an office with lots of people buzzing around and sitting next to a conference room in constant use...I plug in.

I have been "reading" a lot of books on the iPod.  I love that I can do whatever I want and still read or listen to a podcast like the Competitor Radio Show with Bob Babbitt and Paul Huddle.

From a music perspective, I have one of the widest tastes in music you might ever hear about.
Here is a sample of what I listened to while lifting yesterday:

  • The Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson
  • Enter Sandman - Metallica
  • Demon Speeding - Rob Zombie
  • Run Like Hell - Pink Floyd
  • What I Want (featuring Slash) - Daughtry
  • Blue Suede Shoes - Elvis
  • Vertigo - U2
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love - The Brian Setzer Orchestra
  • Pink Cadillac - Bruce Springsteen
  • Bla Bla Bla (Abbentenza In F.M. Mix) - Gigi d'Agostino
  • Don't be Afraid of the Dark -  Robert Cray
  • Mustang Sally - Buddy Guy
  • One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer - John Lee Hooker
  • Steppin' Out with My Baby - Tony Bennett
  • Just in Time - Frank Sinatra
  • Kerosene - Miranda Lambert
  • Gangsta Gangsta - NWA
  • Barcelona Nights - Ottmar Liebert
  • Gimmie Shelter - The Rolling Stones
  • Shame - Sister Hazel
  • Who Am I (What's My Name)? - Snoop Dogg
  • Stronger - Kanye West
  • Spirit in the Sky - Kentucky Headhunters
  • Beer in Mexico - Kenny Chesney
  • Fanfare for the Common Man - London Symphony Orchestra
  • One Eight Seven -  Dr. Dre
  • Fire in My Soul - Johny Fiasco's Flame on Mix Dubai
...and a whole lot of "Destination Ibiza: Chill out Music"

While listening to all of this I came up with my own iPod moment.  A transitional moment in life when you think of something new a new idea (or several things if you are anything like me).  After dinner I cleaned up our nasty home "office" and did some additional exercises.  One day in a row...tomorrow we go for two.

Break through.

No comments:

Post a Comment