Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Toughen up Tuesday

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. At least that's what I kept telling myself yesterday.

Monday night we had killer (organic) soups from a restaurant and I don't think it was enough of the right proein and carbohydrates (CHO) for me to perform on Tueday. It was a tough day but by any stretch...it would have been tough.

We drove to Temecula to meet Steve Chapin from Milwaukee. Ironically, on the ride we met two guys from Milwaukee as well. We had some challenges finding each other as neither of us have been to Temecula. It is very pretty but more on that later.

On this 3:30 ride I AVERAGED....406 watts. (Ouch!) You know you are moving slowly when your cyclo-computer shuts off while you are still "riding". Switch backs where we were all cursing Dean's "sense of direction", screaming fast downhills..."fun".

I blew up completely about 2 hrs into the ride and fought hard all they way back. More disgusted at myself for not eating enough of the right foods the night before but to be honest I don't think it would have helped much anyway on these hills. On the last up "hill" I was really digging deep and saw a snow capped mountain at the crest. Worth all the suffering and I smiled the rest of the way to the car.

During my swim, some "jack hole" as Liz would say was trying to race me...I was swimming very easy but I was in no mood. I quickly dropped his ass and ended that nonsense.

A bad day on the bike better than any day in the office!

No comments:

Post a Comment