Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Get well soon Marit!

Talking to Elizabeth about the crash. Ouch!

I crashed (or was crashed into - by a drunk, fat, 28 year old female in a Chevy Blazer at 5:45 pm) in 1998 3 days before a Kona qualifier I was aiming at. It sucks. It is horrible. When I came back I made one deal with myself - I'd live a healthy lifestyle and get my fitness back and one day stand on the top of a podium somewhere one day.

Marit is a strong gal. She is fit and strong. She will bounce back.

Marit - keep your head up. Don't cry about what happened because you cannot control that. What you can control is your effort to return and your attitude (which is great to begin with). Attach some emotion to your dreams of your return to peak fitness and one day Ironman.

Your friend,

Bob

1 comment:

  1. Dear Bob,

    You have inspired, helped, made me smile, and helped me on my road to recovery more than you can ever know.

    I will take your words to heart, read them daily, and use them on my journey back.

    Thank you so much for everything. It was a pleasure swimming and chatting with you on Sunday - but it was even more of a treat to see you twice during my hospital stay. My Dad and Nathaniel are also touched by the kindness you and your friends showed.

    Thanks for everything...

    ReplyDelete