Friday, March 7, 2008

The Company You Keep

A quick look at the USAT's new "ranking" shows me I am in among the "tall trees". It seems that everyone I know is one of the top ranked triathletes in the USA. Wow!

I'm "not bad" in the ranking (1,256 of 3,856 - top 1/3rd of the AG) but I haven't raced my "strength" in a few years. I'm "learning" how to race better so I'm not concerned with my rank as much as when I was younger.

Workouts:
Daily I am training with guys and gals who kick my ass and my pain is teaching me how to suffer longer, ride stronger and prepare better. I wouldn't have it any other way. Hard work is the only way to the top and it takes years of consistent hard work to get to where my friends are today. I'm on my "way back" to a competitive state of mind but as LL Cool J says, "Don't call it a comeback. I've been here for years." I aspire to rejoin you and will in time but more work and less talk before that time comes.

So when you feel like quitting early...remember, you motivate and affect others.

Including me.

No comments:

Post a Comment